gpsd-dev

Re: SiRF2 LOL

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: SiRF2 LOL
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 13:52:01 -0800

Yo Chris!

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 13:36:20 -0800
Chris Kuethe <chris.kuethe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was about to say I'm probably the only person with a functional old
> SiRF receiver, but I see there are still SiRF4-based BU-353's on
> Amazon. This receiver has been living in a parts bin for the last 15
> years (has it really been that long?!) so it's not a burning issue.

I have a few around.  And people still buy them on ebay.

> Yep, I ran uCenter under WINE and got my VK172 to report jamming
> state. MON-HW does what I want; MON-RF isn't supported on this
> particular device (or, ucenter is unable to enable that message).

MON-RF is protVer 27 and up.  So 9 series and up.

MON-HW goes back to Antaris 4.  drivers/driver_ubx.c has no decoder
for that yet, at a minimum you could log it.  ubxtool reports it.

> I would indeed like to report the jamming state. indi_gpsd wouldn't do
> anything with it - no/2d/3d fix is all it wants - but if I'm sitting
> here wondering why my astronomy rig isn't getting GPS time/location
> I'm comfortable running gpsmon.

Maybe add "jamming":x in TPV to report the jamming state.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588