gpsd-dev

Re: ✘NMEA2000 and issue #176

From: Joachim Hippeli
Subject: Re: ✘NMEA2000 and issue #176
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 14:05:29 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 19:37:12 +0100
Reinhard Arlt <reinhard.arlt@t-online.de> wrote:

Hello Reinhard,

Thank you for answering. I got this your from 2022-01-10 only just now,
some fault on my side.

> Therefore your patch break the backward compatibility.

I have checked that situation at the time I debugged the driver
and I'm pretty sure it works as it should.

But I'll double check and provide an example candump file which
addresses your objection. (And I'm silently hoping you are not
right...)

It will take some days, I must set up a testing environment first.

But we could cut the discussion anyway.

If the statement

> gpsmon -n localhost:2947:nmea2000://can0
>
> is not an allowed command!

remains, there is only a lack in the documentation. The program itself
behaves as defined. That is not very convenient but correct.

Unfortunately, at the moment I don't know how to deal with
contradictions like

> is not an allowed command!

and

> Not forbidden, just way sub-optimal
________________________________

www.bhtronik.de

Schönseer Str. 55
D-92526 Oberviechtach

Sitz Oberviechtach, RG Amberg HRB 4446, Rechtsform GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Baumer Christian, Hanauer Thomas
________________________________
Bitte beachten:
Die BHTronik GmbH RG Amberg HRB 4446 hat zum 01.01.2022 den vollständigen
Geschäftsbetrieb der BHTronik GmbH & Co. KG RG Amberg HRA 2943 übernommen.
Die neue Umsatzsteuer ID lautet: DE266812390                  Steuernummer:
211/122/31010
Das Unternehmen hat nur die Rechtsform geändert, alles andere bleibt
unverändert. Verträge müssen nicht neu geschlossen werden unsere Bankverbindung
bleibt auch bestehen.
Die Ihnen bekannten Anschriften, E-Mail und Telefonkontakte bleiben von der
Umwandlung auch unberührt.
Wir bitten Sie die neue Firmierung zu aktualisieren und ab sofort in unserer
Geschäftskorrespondenz zu verwenden.
________________________________
Please note:
As of 01.01.2022, BHTronik GmbH RG Amberg HRB 4446 has taken over the complete
business operations of BHTronik GmbH & Co. KG RG Amberg HRA 2943.
The new VAT ID is: DE266812390                                          Tax
number: 211/122/31010
The company has only changed its legal form, everything else remains unchanged.
Contracts do not have to be concluded new - our bank details also remain the
same.
The addresses, e-mail and telephone contacts known to you will also remain
unaffected by the change.
We kindly ask you to update the new company name and to use it in our business
correspondence from now on.
NOTICE: This e-mail message (including any file attachment) is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or a collect
telephone call and delete or destroy all copies of this message and any file
attachment. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we
do not guarantee that they are virus-free and accept no liability for any
damage sustained as a result of viruses.