gpsd-dev

Re: Quectel FW version - Merge Request

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Quectel FW version - Merge Request
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 14:45:41 -0800

Yo Jared!

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 22:30:01 +0000
Jared Hagel <jared.hagel@vontas.com> wrote:

> We have a requirement to retrieve the Quectel FW version of our
> Quectel (MTK3301) GPS receiver, so I was hoping to have the attached
> change merged into GPSD. I've tested this on our hardware and it
> works fine for us. Let me know what you think.

Good start, but is not secure code.  I'll take a look at it.
Also some formatting problems, like the lines longer than 80 columns.

Can you provide a raw data capture that include the PQVERNO message?

Can you make this am Merge Request to make it easier to review.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588