gpsd-dev

RE: Quectel FW version - Merge Request

From: Jared Hagel
Subject: RE: Quectel FW version - Merge Request
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 15:24:30 +0000

Hi Gary,

> Easy to capture the startup:
>     # gpsd /dev/ttyXXX
>     # sleep 10
>     # gpspipe -R -x 20 > data.raw
>
> Notice I started gpsd without the "-n".  So the initialization happnes after
> gpspipe starts to run.

Thanks for the tip 😊 Attached is raw output from my testing - data.raw. How do
you feed this back to GPSD - probably through gpspipe as well, correct? I
haven't done this myself yet, but the raw output should be good.

> You need to rebase off current git.

Done. New patch file attached.

> Lack of doc is always a show stopper for gpsd.  But, if you can figure out
> what the message contains, then add comments in your code to document it.
> How many fields, what is in each field, what Quectel model you see it in.

Documentation for this command was provided to me by Quectel support. I added
this documentation to the comments in the 'processQuectelFWVersion' function.

> I guess I was unclear.
>Check it is empty before requeting it again.  Not checking after the duplicate
>requests are sent.

I think I got it this time.

I tried to create another merge request by sending an email, but I was rejected
again. I tried by going through this webpage -
https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd/-/merge_requests. I'm likely doing something wrong.

Anyways, let me know what you think of the raw log and patch.

Thank you,
Jared