gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 08:00:00 -0700

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 4:44 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo All!

I just bumped the gpsd version in got to 3.23.2~rc1.  There is
always more to do on gpsd, but this seems like a good pause point.

The NEWS file shows some added vaule for 3.23.2:

:::snip:::

Please test.

Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.10.44.4) on High Sierra reports:
> clang: warning: treating 'c' input as 'c++' when in C++ mode, this behavior is deprecated [-Wdeprecated]
for about a dozen .c files in libgps/

gpsd-numbers-matter.adoc reports possible invalid ref NIST-USNO

The previous file and gpsd-code-example griped about the rouge gems' absence, I gave it to them

Presence of gripes about regress-driver burning through all of the NTP SHM segments on macOS.

I think the logging is too quiet with -s and too loud without and I'm not really testing.