gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 16:19:55 -0700

Yo James!

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 08:00:00 -0700
James Browning <jamesb.fe80@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.10.44.4) on High Sierra reports:
> > clang: warning: treating 'c' input as 'c++' when in C++ mode, this
> behavior is deprecated [-Wdeprecated]
> for about a dozen .c files in libgps/

Cam I get the build log hat shows this?

> gpsd-numbers-matter.adoc reports possible invalid ref NIST-USNO

Worked fine on the wen page:

    https://gpsd.io/gpsd-numbers-matter.html#NIST-USNO

I pushed a style change to it.

> The previous file and gpsd-code-example griped about the rouge gems'
> absence, I gave it to them

You mean "ruby gems"?  If you are missing that, then your AasciiDoctor is
not installed correctly.  Nothing gpsd can do about that.  gpsd
checks that AsciiDoctor is installed, not that it is installed correctly.

> Presence of gripes about regress-driver burning through all of the
> NTP SHM segments on macOS.

That has been there forever.  I have no idea why shm_release() fails to
do its job.  It gets called on exit, with the right parameters None of
its syscalls report any errors.  I just rearranged the code a tad, but
do not expect that helped.

Maybe because the SHM was created as root, that gpsd can not delete it
after it drops root?

Only workaround is to reboot your host now and then to free up the SHM.

> I think the logging is too quiet with -s and too loud without and I'm
> not really testing.

Lost me.

RGDS
GARY