gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:45:42 -0700

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 5:58 AM Florian Kiera <florian.kiera@logicway.de> wrote:

Yo Gary!

I tested "www/gpsd-client-example-code.adoc" example client on both named versions (3.21 and 3.23.2~rc-1). I added an output in "line 56":

printf("Satellites used: %d\n", gps_data.satellites_used);

and experienced different outcomes. In 3.21 every time the cycle is completed this output gives a valid value (>0). In 3.23.2~rc-1 only every 3rd message gives a "valid" (>0) value for satellites used. Is this intented?

Just checked 3.22 too, works the same as 3.21.

Regards Florian