gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:06:59 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:53:31 +0200
Florian Kiera <florian.kiera@logicway.de> wrote:

> I tested "www/gpsd-client-example-code.adoc" example client on both
> named versions (3.21**and 3.23.2~rc-1). I added an output in "line
> 56":
>
> printf("Satellites used: %d\n", gps_data.satellites_used);

YOu might find GPSD_LOG() more flexible, but that works.

> and experienced different outcomes. In 3.21 every time the cycle is
> completed this output gives a valid value (>0).

I hope that is not your only test for "valid".  Zero may well be valid.

> In 3.23.2~rc-1 only
> every 3rd message gives a "valid" (>0) value for satellites used. Is
> this intented?

Yes.  The cycle end detector changed, so the order and quantity of
JSON n every epoch changed.  The order and quantity of JSON is
not documented nor controlled from version to verion.

That is why you need to check that the JSON you get has the data that
you want.

I could probably see the problem in your code right away, if I could see
your code.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588