gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 14:20:37 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:52:56 -0700
Hal Murray <halmurray@sonic.net> wrote:

> > gem@rellim.com said:
> > > Yeah, for some reason the scons option checker misses that one.
> > > I'll play with it.
> > > I think I got that one, finally.  Nothing else on my shortlist to
> > > fix.
> >
> > Is this what you expect?
> >
> > Checking if compiler accepts --disable-excess-fp-precision... no
> > Checking if compiler accepts -fexcess-precision=standard... no
> >
> > FreeBSD clang version 11.0.1
> > OpenBSD clang version 11.1.0

To follow up a bit more on that.  On FreeBSD 13, clang 11.0.1:

The first one is not none to clang:

cc: error: unsupported option '--disable-excess-fp-precision'

The second one is known, but ignored:

cc: error: optimization flag '-fexcess-precision=standard' is not supported
[-Werror,-Wignored-optimization-argument]

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588