gpsd-dev

Re: Low cost GPS, minimal assembly

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Low cost GPS, minimal assembly
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:52:43 -0400

Hal Murray <halmurray@sonic.net> writes:

> chris.kuethe@gmail.com said:
>> More details please. What's it going to connect to? What do you define as low
>> cost? Where is it supposed to look "at home"? How closely does 1PPS need to
>> align to the second? What kind of load are you driving from the 1PPS line?
>> How many of these do you need? ...
>
> The context is replacing a LeoNTP box.  Qty 1 to few.

That's funny.  I am not really clear on the details of LeoNTP, but I was
going to suggest that you look at it.  Perhaps you can explain why
"order another LeoNTP box" isn't the right answer.  I don't mean to
argue with your rationale, but that would be instructive as to your
requirements.

You could look at the Gepetto Labs GPSDO, and maybe he would make cables
to serial for a fee, outsourcing  the hassle, which is what I think you
want (and I get the $DAYJOB context).