gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Draft GPSD-MIB

From: Mike Simpson
Subject: Re: ✘Draft GPSD-MIB
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 08:42:14 +0100

Excuse the top posting.

Im not sure why you would want to use a network monitoring protocol to relay
that information.

Wouldn’t you want fix/no fix, rtk/ no rtk etc on the basis that you could then
be aware of a problem without being on the box which is what snmp was for?

Including data that gpsd gives out freely already seems an odd way to skin the
cat.

Mike