gpsd-dev

Re: ✘AIS regressions

From: Lucien Van Elsen
Subject: Re: ✘AIS regressions
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 15:12:56 -0500

Apologies for the delayed response - yes, I think what you propose is for the best; ignore the extra fields, accept the valid/checksummed data.  Thanks!

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 6:57 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Lucien!

On Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:52:48 -0500
Lucien Van Elsen <lucienve@gmail.com> wrote:

> The additional fields are described at
> https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/AIVDM.html#_u_s_coast_guard_extended_aivdm
> - basically, deprecated and undocumented, but seen often enough in
> the wild.

Thanks for the quick pointer.  Since it is meta-data, and gpsd has been
ignoring it until now, is it best to just continue ignoring it and
accepting the valid checksummed data?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588