gpsd-dev

Re: NTP data when using NMEA tcp feed

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Re: NTP data when using NMEA tcp feed
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 10:36:08 +0000

Yo Gary
Hahaha, there is never a final issue.  :-)
I can hope :D
Where there is a sparse NMEA feed (missing satellite data) it seems
that the ntp shm feed is missing - no data reported by ntpshmmon
I thought I fixed that.  Can you send the log of "gpsd -D 4 ..." ?

It seems intermittent...

First we had no output from ntpshmmon, created debug, then after gpsd restart was working OK

Frankly it may be enough for our devices to grab timesync as I understand this type of intermittent problem difficult to debug...

Attaching debug log but not sure what it will tell us...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!!

Best regards

Nick