gpsd-dev

Re: [RFC] get gpsd to work with gnss-share

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [RFC] get gpsd to work with gnss-share
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 16:28:09 -0800

Yo Pavel!

On Sat, 7 Jan 2023 22:01:32 +0100
Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:

> (Second attempt, I should have right list address this time)

Patience is everything.

> On Librem-5 (and I suspect other cellphones), gnss-share is more or
> less mandatory to get geoclue working. For legacy applications (xgps,
> tangogps), it would be good to be able to start gpsd as an option.

Did you see them Android build for gpsd in android directory?

> It seems that best solution is to teach gpsd to talk over AF_UNIX
> sockets.

AFAIK, that is what the Android build does.

> Would something like this be acceptable?

Better to past code as an issue, or merge request, to make comments easier.

> -    if (0 == getuid()) {
> +    if (0 && 0 == getuid()) {

Seriously?  Not gonna happen,and a bad way to do it.

> +    } else if (str_starts_with(session->gpsdata.dev.path,

What would a sample unix:// URL look like?

Why did the current gpsd/android not need to do this?

Got any doc on what this scoket looks like?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588