gpsd-dev

Re: New SHM

From: Miroslav Lichvar
Subject: Re: New SHM
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 09:20:17 +0100

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 07:45:59PM -0800, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> As I said: I'm curious how it works.  It seems to do one to many, which
> recent discussion here has said can't work.

>From the provided patch it seems it is a stream Unix domain socket
(more like TCP) and the connection is made from gpsd to gnss-share,
i.e. the data flows in the opposite direction of the connection,
unlike with the chrony SOCK.

There can be multiple client sockets connected to one server socket,
but not one client socket connected to multiple server sockets.

--
Miroslav Lichvar