gpsd-dev

Re: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 09:50:54 -0500

Hello,

How was the device file /dev/gnss0 created?  It looks like it does not have the correct device type, indicating itโ€™s not a problem with the GPS apps.

Do a `ls -l /dev/tty*` & `ls -l /dev/gnss*`.  Compare the device types.

You might also do a `file /dev/tty*` & `file /dev/gnss*` to compare the device files.

Thanks,
Frank