gpsd-dev

RE: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient

From: Kuo, Danny
Subject: RE: Request new serial name support for ubxtool and pygpsclient
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 00:19:09 +0000

Hi team,

Thanks for comments, Intel did few debug already,
1. with "-p" flag on gpsd cli the gpsd can access to the device /dev/gnss*. But
the "-p" flag is not necessary to old driver on /dev/ttyGNSS*
2. with "-p" on gpsd, the ubxtool can work
3. some APIs like stty, gpsctl, gpsmon shows ioctl error, this is not happen on
old driver /dev/ttyGNSS*

So, my quest is:
Is this relate to the serial name /dev/gnss* not in gpsd code or it is relate
to the write access to the device /dev/gnss*

Sorry that I am new to gpsd and appreciate your help.
Danny