gpsd-users

Re: ntrip and sending position

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ntrip and sending position
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 12:59:48 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 13:11:48 -0500
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> > That URL is just used verbatim.  So whatever your NTRIP server
> > wants is what you put there.
>
> The parsing code uses strchr to look for '@', so I would expect a
> username that's an email address to fail.  Probably that should be
> strrchr.  (I have an account without an @, so I'm avoiding this.)

No point "fixing" it until it is a problem.

> This is extra confusing because the string is written during parsing
> and then referred to in logs as "ntrip://user:pw" implying that
> parsing failed, when really that' just what's left after the @ is set
> to NUL. Maybe that's easy to fix and I'm looking at the code.

Yeah, not showing the u/p needs to get fixed.  Not a release blocker.

> > For ORGN, that just goes in the URL.  So ask MaCORS what to use as
> > your URL.
>
> They have mountpoints for specific stations.  But there is a way to
> send either GGA sentences or their logical content to get synthetic
> corrections specifically for that place, as you move, on different
> mountpoints.

I see ORGB can do the same ("send GGA"), but no doc on how it works.

> RTKLIB seems to do this.)

Steal from the best.

> This is somebody trying to sell their stuff, but it seems to define
> the terms that I am seeing on the MaCORS documentation, such as Max
> and iMax.

But not well enough to code from.  I see ORGN also does MAX, iMAX and
CMR+, whatever they are...

>   gpsd:PROG: RTCM3: unknown type 1230, length 12

RTCM 1230: GLONASS L1 and L2 code-phase biases.

u-blox does it.  Not sure how to decode it.  I'm not spending $275 for
the doc...

> For a stream identified as "RTCM 3.x (MSM4)" and apparently, I get.
>
> gpsd:PROG: RTCM3: unknown type 1074, length 226

 GPS Multi Signal Message 4

> gpsd:PROG: RTCM3: unknown type 1084, length 133

 GLONASS Multi Signal Message 4

> gpsd:PROG: RTCM3: unknown type 1094, length 155

 Galileo Multi Signal Message 4

> gpsd:PROG: RTCM3: unknown type 1124, length 62

 BeiDou Multi Signal Message 4

> It may be that MaCORS is only sending RTK info and not pseudorange
> corrections,

Those are one and the same thing.

> and there is no overlap in what gpsd can parse and what
> MaCORS is emitting.

Partial overlap.  Mostly due to hard to find doc, no regressions, and
no interest.  So far.

> Thanks, I am seeing similar now.  Is that from the state of Oregon
> service?

Yes.

> > Patches welcome!  If you figure it out, a howto would be nice.
>
> I think the first thing (for me) to do is improve the error reporting
> in this code.   I think I'm running into problems not encountered by
> the authors :-)

A good place to start.  I have been adding in the missing codes to
driver_rtcm3.c, as comments.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588