gpsd-users

Re: listen on specific network interfaces

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: listen on specific network interfaces
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 09:59:16 -0400

Tor Rune Skoglund <address@hidden> writes:

> Our suggestion is to have to option to specify which IPs to bind to,
> e.g. using something like
>
> -I <comma-separated-list-of-ip-addresses>
>
> As said, we want to help to get this done, but if someone else steps
> in, that would also be very fine.

I am also in the "use a firewall for security configuration" camp.
Presumably you are ok with connections to the allowed address arriving
over a different interface.

Obviously this has to work with IPv6 as well.  Those are "IP" addresses,
but sometimes people write "IP" when they mean "IPv4" :-)   And it has
to work with either setting of v6only.

One of the reasons I like the INADDR_LOCAL vs. INADDR_ANY flag, is that
one obtains correct behavior in any of v4 only, v6 only, and mixed
environments.