gpsd-users

Re: GPSD Not Using /dev/pps0 But ppstest Shows /dev/pps0 is OK

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD Not Using /dev/pps0 But ppstest Shows /dev/pps0 is OK
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:36:22 -0800

Yo Joshua!

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 16:25:34 -0500
Joshua Quesenberry <engnfrc@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Maybe the gpsd options have changed since 3.17? The help definitely
> says -r means use GPS time even if not fix.

My mistake, yes -r is still the "bad time" option.  But --badtime still
needs time from the GNSS receiver, not any RTC.

> Attached is the requested gpsd.log. All of the output was going to
> stderr instead of stdout, so I redirected that stuff to the log too.

Got it.  But since no "-n", there is nothing in it.

> > /usr/sbin/gpsd -r -D 6 -N tcp://127.0.0.1:5760 /dev/pps0 > gpsd.log

Sorry, I forgot to tell you the "-n".  Without "-n" gpsd does nothing
until a client connects.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588