gpsd-users

Re: gpsd ignores Galileo satellites

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd ignores Galileo satellites
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 18:45:15 -0800

Yo Filip!

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 16:51:53 +0100
Filip Jan Kubicz <filip.kubicz@tier.app> wrote:

> > > Satellite IDs must be from 1 to 99.  What does 103 mean???
> > > Broken.
> >
> > Yes, looks like the Quectel format is not compatible with NMEA0183
> > despite the claims.

> > I'm waiting for more documentation from the vendor. If this makes
> > sense, I could add the support for this data format to gpsd parser.

Quectel got me some documentation on their "Querky" version of NMEA
relating to how it handles Galileo and QZSS.  The gpsd NMEA 0183 driver
has been updated.  It works on the sam0ples that you sent.

Please test.

They also sent me some doc on $PGLOR, but it does not match the $PGLOR
sample that you sent...

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588