gpsd-users

Re: GPSD Service: open SHM data only after cgps start

From: Hans Kurscheidt
Subject: Re: GPSD Service: open SHM data only after cgps start
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 22:18:44 +0100

Well I hope this goes in the previous thread, because I can't see a possibilityRe: GPSD
Service: open SHM data only after cgps start to "answer" other than ending up
sending private mails...

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm stuck w/ 3.16 for this distro using apt etc.. I tried to
change it to 3.22 from a Debian gpsd.deb package, but I ended up
in a maze of dependencies and finally I bricked the whole system!

I'm gonna guess you forgot to  set the "-n" flag to gpsd.

I am not a gpsd expert, but isn't the -n flag for the gpsd console
start??!!

I want to connect from my application to the GPSD SHM, using "open"
w/ GPSD_SHARED_MEMORY w/out having to start something at console
level. I the best of all possible worlds, gpsd and my app start at
boot as a service.

BTW, I introduced the dependency from gpsd and dbus in my app Unit
systemd file.

still clueless