gpsd-users

Re: Debian 11 (Bullseye) Build Instructions

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Debian 11 (Bullseye) Build Instructions
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 11:18:02 -0700

Yo Charles!

On Sat, 9 Oct 2021 10:24:48 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> > gpsd does not need /usr/bin/python anymore.
>
> Ah, OK, done. I understand that Python requires it, but (as they say
> in show biz) not my union.

Past tense.  No longer required.  Debian actively discourages it.
gentoo does it automagically.

> > +# scons --config=force && scons install
> >
> > I would suggest a clean first: scons -c.  No need to --config-force
> > after a clean.
>
> OK, done. I just copied that in from the Buster instructions, so maybe
> change that as well?

If you can test them, otherwise leave them as history.

> Is there any documentation as to what scons targets are available and
> what they do?

Sure: "man scons" and the top of Sconstruct.

> Latest diff is attached.

I'l lcheck that inn a bit.

> I didn't do anything about integration into udev & systemd because
> that has problems; I'll detail those separately.

What a surprise!  systemd*umb) has problems?  Blow me down!

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588