gpsd-users

Re:

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re:
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 12:29:47 -0700

Yo Anton!

On Tue, 6 Sep 2022 14:11:57 +0200
Anton Strydom <agstrydom@gmail.com> wrote:

> The surveyors's datum was WGS84 with center meridian 29 or LO29

If you do not know which WGS84, then you could be off a meter or more.
Then to get cm or better you need to factor in crustal movements.

> SBAS is for all intents not available over here as the satellites sit
> just above the horizon and I do not have a view of the horizon

Most likely you are hitting the "elevation mask" preventing the SBAS
usage.  That can often be configured.  Some SBAS, not GPS SBAS, are
at high latitudes.

> I have never used any thing else than GPS only data for my
> experiments etc.

Time to upgrade then.

> It is in a RTK mode yes the datum is default as shipped with the
> receiver

As long as the baseline is short, you will get good relative measurements
that way.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588