gpsd-users

synchronize system with GPS using gpsd

From: Bhavna Harani
Subject: synchronize system with GPS using gpsd
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 15:07:03 +0530

Hi,

I have a client application which reads GPS data using gpsd demon.
I have cross compiled gpsd demons and loaded them into the target board(processor).

Below is some environment information.
What version of gpsd?  : 3.24 release
What model GNSS receiver? - LC79D Quectl
client application? -    https://gpsd.io/gpsd-client-example-code.html

When I run gpsd demon ,I get the below warning. How can I resolve this?
gpsd:WARN: This system has a 32-bit time_t.  This gpsd will fail at 2038-01-19T03:14:07Z.
gpsd:WARN: __STDC_IEC_599__ is missing

How can I sync the system using gpsd.
Is there any command which keeps the time sync ?
how to use ntpd with gpsd?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bhavna