gpsd-users

Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability

From: Hans Mayer
Subject: Re: ppp averaging and circular error of probability
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 17:53:23 +0200

Yo Gary,

many thanks for your swift answer.

On 16.09.22 20:56, Gary E. Miller wrote
It contains both UBX-NAV-SAT and UBX-NAV-SIG messages.  Which are
incomaptible with each other,

UBX-NAV-SAT knows nothing of multuiple signals (l1 & L2, etc.  It is
only for back compatility.  The new UBX-NAV-SIG is for use with the
newer signals.

That is confusing gpsd.  You need to configure your u-blox properly.

I will try to do so.

What I do not understand completely, why do we see the satellite statistics if gpsprof is connected to gpsd but not if gpsdecode is reading the raw file?  The u-blox configuration wasn't change in the meantime.

Kind regards

Hans