grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Tokenizer problem

From: Anant Mistry
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Tokenizer problem
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 06:13:33 -0600

Ralf,

A possible solution would be to define

COMMAND = "GO "

That is a string of "GO" followed by the space character.
It makes your production

INPUT = COMMAND LETTER+;

Hope this helps

Anant

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 10:48 +0200, HECKHAUSEN Ralf wrote:
I have a problem with the parser, or better the tokenizer. Below is a simplified example.

%header%

GRAMMARTYPE = "LL"

%tokens%
LETTER = <<[A-Z]>>
COMMAND = "GO"
SPACE = " "

%productions%

INPUT = COMMAND SPACE LETTER+;

The input "GO SOUTH" is parsed correctly, but with "GO SOGO" I get a parse error, because "GO" is not recognized as two letters anymore. It seems that whenever letters are defined as tokens, they may not occur in other context. But I am sure there is a way around this problem, can someone help me?

Cheers,
Ralf
Anant Mistry
Director of Infrastructure Technology
Information Handling Services
15 Inverness Way East
Englewood
CO 80112
USA
303 397 2569

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail may be confidential and / or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed by only the
individual or organization named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited.