grammatica-users

Re: Re: [Grammatica-users] How can I generate grammar at run-time?

From: Oliver Gramberg
Subject: Re: Re: [Grammatica-users] How can I generate grammar at run-time?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:16:55 +0200

Hi, Ламер,

> thanks, but actually by saying "at run-time" I mean that
> it is decided dynamically how to parse an input string. I

> want to write flexible formatter of incoming documents of
> different structures. And metadata from that texts will be
> retrieved according to some files that contain grammar. It
> would be useful for write another file of grammar, than

> rewriting the code.

I'm getting lost in the details here, but it still seems to me that Grammatica's "--parse" action does the same thing as you describe. Think about it: It reads a grammar, builds a parser on the fly, and parses an input according to that grammar, all in one go. Isn't that in principle what you want to do? So, even if you cannot use Grammatica as is, have a look at the sources--it's free, isn't it?--reuse the parser generator code on a high level and roll your own!

What is your preferred programming language?

Regards
Oliver