[Groff] more HTML bugs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] more HTML bugs
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 01:23:20 GMT

Gaius,

checking a weird man page written by myself in German (using German
hyphenation patterns also :-), I found some more bugs:

.) Look at the following:

[\c
...\^\c
]
[\c
.BI -P \ \%Plattform-ID\^\c
]

   This translates to

[<font size=3><B>-E</B> <font size=3><I>Kodierungs-ID</I> <font size=3>]
                                                         ^
   (groff breaks the line after the final `]'.)

   There are two errors in it: First of all, the `\ ' command should
   be translated to `&nbsp;'.  Secondly, a blank has crept in (marked
   with `^'.  Apparently, this is related to whether it is the last
   item of a line or not.

.) The command `\(->', translates to the `registered' sign (or rather
   the character `0xAE') instead of a right arrow.

.) The following code produces ugly results -- is it possible to make
   the HTML result similar to the ascii output?

.in +4m
.ta 3iC
.I "Plattform   Plattform-ID (pid)"
.sp