[Groff] groff -man -Thtml ???

From: Matti Aarnio
Subject: [Groff] groff -man -Thtml ???
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:54:29 +0200

Hi,

  I installed groff update for RedHat Linux/alpha today, and
were "somewhat" surprised when I noticed that it supports HTML.
Nice, I thought, and proceeded to try to HTMLize several man-
pages immediately with it.  (groff version 1.15)

Reading your list archive seems to point to people's interest
at creating HTML pages with HTML-specific macroes with no mention
of more ``traditional'' applications.

    groff -man -Thtml manpage.1 > manpage.1.html

Quite nice - except that  .TH  does not affect anything.
(Should go to HTML title, and for a <H1> header, of course..)
(And that the .SH index starts the page...)

The overall problem, of course, is that the source I use is
man-page roff stuff, and I can't throw there anything magic
needing e.g.  -mhtml  macroset..

Essentially I would like to see the result to look very
much alike the ASCII rendered man-page.

/Matti Aarnio <address@hidden>