Re: [Groff] Latin-2 woes...

From: Lukasz Wiechec
Subject: Re: [Groff] Latin-2 woes...
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:16:59 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > Which characters (or rather, glyphs)?  Example, please.
> >
> > Actually, I've got a problem with four: char177 (which should be
> > aogonek but displays as plusminus [+-]), char179 (lslash, displaying
> > as 3-superscript or power 3), char188 (zslash, displays as 1/4 or
> > onequarter) and char166 (Sslash, displaying as vertical bar or '|').
> >
> > These chars are standard Latin-2 encoded polish characters.
>
> In case you are trying to use Latin-2 as an input character set you
> will have some difficulties currently since Latin-1 is hard-coded into
> groff (I'll try to change this in the near future)...

So maybe there is a way to use control sequences

> Or are you using a patched groff with Latin-2 support?

No, right now I'm using standard 1.16 release... is any available ?

> Please send me an input and output file (compressed if necessary).

OK, I'm attaching it, but to display it properly you'll need polish
Postscript font (which I took out of 'ogonkify' package...), but if you
look on line 205, where charcodes are displayed you'll see that 7th byte
is 0x7c (decimal 124), and it should be 166 (character for Sacute). In the
same line the font is being changed to Symbol, without being asked to...

Thanks for the response and greetings from Poland,

                ------------------------
                MAGIC aka Lukasz Wiechec
                Internet mailto:address@hidden
                tel/fax  +(48 77) 4 555 113

.ps +5
.ce
.fp 0 OTR
This is Latin-2-encoded text containing all Polish characters.

.\" Fonty Courier
.ft R
ĄĆĘŁŃÓŚŹŻ\f1ąćęłńóśźż