[Groff] Requirement for Recent makeinfo.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: [Groff] Requirement for Recent makeinfo.
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 16:52:29 +0100

Hi,

I recently saw someone point out that a `make all' for CVS groff now
requires a recent enough makeinfo to avoid errors in the doc
subdirectory.  Unfortunately, I haven't got that so a CVS build no
longer completes successfully.

    $ rpm -qf `which makeinfo`
    texinfo-4.0b-3

I was wondering if there could be a configure option along the lines of
--disable-doc since many people that could previously build groff may
falter on the next release due to this new dependancy.

BTW, `cd doc && make' works fine because the all target does different
things in doc/Makefile and doc/Makefile.sub.  Is this intentional?

Cheers,

Ralph.