Re: [Groff] Re: new grotty format

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: new grotty format
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:03:52 +0200 (CEST)

> I'd like to disable the SGR escapes for grotty at least in the Debian
> package until they can be fixed, in an pre-emptive attempt to stem the
> tide of bug reports. What method should I use for this? GROFF_NO_SGR=0?
> GROFF_SGR=1? The latter seems neatest.

Setting GROFF_NO_SGR to any value will disable SGR.  Note that 1.18
will be the last stable release before 2.0 (except bug fix releases,
of course); chances are high that I won't release something stable for
a long time after 1.18...

> I like the colour output, and am tempted to say "push it out to
> everyone as fast as possible", but it just isn't worth it yet when
> the support is so limited.

I fully agree.  Hopefully, groff will put some pressure on the
maintainers of those pagers to fix the issues ASAP.

    Werner