Re: [Groff] UTP project - formatting Ch. 11

From: Michael Hobgood
Subject: Re: [Groff] UTP project - formatting Ch. 11
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:05:14 -0500

Manas,
        I believe Jon Snader is correct when he stated that it
might prove impossible to reproduce the pages where the page
numbers come out the same as the originals.  I've noticed several
places where many inconsistencies exist, even in example printouts.
Sometimes, the point size has been decreased, sometimes the line
lengths are different etc.  So, what I'm going to do is take
Jons' advice and just mark up my chapters using the UTP macros, and
let the page numbers fall where they may.
        There are some areas where I will leave things out, such as
partial boxes around example output.  The example output of course,
will be there.  Chapter 15 is difficult enough to get it to produce
correct output, and I've found a few places in it where I have been
unable to get it exact.  Where this occurs, I'll put comments in
the source code.
        The other chapters I've taken, work well with the UTP macros,
needing some custom markup, but not much. At least I've not found
to many that need it. Hopefully, I'll not discover differently
later on.
        So, unless I'm directed to do otherwise, I'll get the chapters
where the content is all there, and leave for later any attempts to
match exactly the original UTP.

Respectfully
Michael Hobgood