Re: [Groff] escaping punctuation in mdoc pages

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] escaping punctuation in mdoc pages
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:34:36 +0200 (CEST)

> OK, now I'm confused. I don't have to escape punctuation in macros?
>
> .Ic ?
>
> does *not* mark up.

Oops!  I thought of `groff control characters', sorry.

Here a complete list of punctuation characters which are handled
specially by mdoc (this is, if an mdoc macro sees a single character
of this list as an argument):

To suppress special handling, add `\&' as a postfix, e.g. `?\&'.

Ruslan, can you document this better in groff_mdoc.man?

    Werner