Re: [Groff] footer macro

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] footer macro
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:22:07 +0000

Hi Erich,

> The code burns down to this:
>
> .de hd
> 'sp 1i
> ..
> .de fo
> 'br
> ..
> .wh 0 hd
> .wh -1i fo
> ..

I found putting a 'bp instead of 'br began the next page when at -1i.

> ...and the output remains the same, no matter what I add or how I set
> the page length with [.pl].

I think the one word of output appears because of the 'br you're doing.
Removing that and having 'bp along with a 'tl if you wish works fine.
Using .bp instead does an implicit break so you get the one word back
again.

> This shurely is a beginners question, please don't be annoyed.

This is the groff list;  people don't get annoyed.  :-)

Cheers,

Ralph.