Re: [Groff] poll: which macro packages are in common use / and why.

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] poll: which macro packages are in common use / and why.
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:22:44 +0200

[Apparently there are mail delivery problems at my end,
because I'm not getting mail from the list anymore.
Right now I can only read the list via the archive.]

> > See file test-1.pdf.
>
> Uh, please give the full URL.

Sorry.  It's
http://www.usm.uni-muenchen.de/people/hoffmann/roff/test-1.pdf.

> > By the way, is there any simple way to achieve what you suggested
> > (i.e., set a particular font always a fraction larger or smaller
> > than the other fonts)?
>
> No, there isn't.  My idea was rather to use a different typewriter
> font like cmttb and check whether it fits better.

Ah. Too bad, since I actually happen to like Courier (at least
version 3; version 4, which is used by the newer releases of the
Adobe reader, has lost most of its charm).

> This probably means Wolf-Rayet stars...

Oh, no, nothing that extreme.  Just normal stars of spectral type O.
Apropos, how did you get to know WR stars?  After all, they belong
to the somewhat more exotic objects...