[Groff] Plan 9 from User Space includes Unicode aware troff!

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: [Groff] Plan 9 from User Space includes Unicode aware troff!
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:34:08 -0500

I just saw mentioned in some other mailing list, that there is a "User Space" port of the Plan 9 utilities to POSIXy operating systems---such as Unix and GNU/Linux---, and among other things it includes AT&T Unicode-clean troff *and* the last edition of the original ms, mm and me macros. The native input and output is UTF-8 and supports, AFAIK, Basic Multilingual Plane 0 or the Unicode 2.1 equivalent.

   http://swtch.com/plan9port/