Re: [Groff] Re: grohtml vertical space patch and (screwdriver, nail and

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: grohtml vertical space patch and (screwdriver, nail and hammer fix)
Date: 25 Feb 2005 10:17:29 +0000

Hi Werner,

> I did some experiments and I now believe that DEVTAG-COL should be
> sufficient.  Sorry for the false alarm.  On the other hand, I have
> difficulties to make it work properly.  Please have a look at the
> attached file.  Can you explain to me why the first invocation of
> the `.He' macro (which finally calls DEVTAG-COL) produces such a bad
> result, while the second call gives the expected result (not
> counting the wrong indentation)?  Either I'm doing something wrong,
> or the explanation of the `.col n' tag in grohtml_tags.man (which I
> haven't integrated yet into grohtml.man) is wrong, or there is a
> bug...

well done with adding the DEVCOL tags. I've just started to track down
this problem but interestingly it is (pseudo solved) when some text is
placed immediately after the `.P' and before the `.CT' which leads me
to suspect a bug.. anyway once some extra text is placed here it looks
nice :-)

ie:

.P
fixes
.CT "\fIOutput" "\fIInput" "\fIInput" "bracketright" "decomposed"

Gaius