Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] mom: Some follow-up questions
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:13:57 +0100 (CET)

> Like I said, I'm willing to fund some work and maybe Ted H. is the
> right guy.  I'd like to see a new release of the docs: *roff
> reference & user guide, pic/tbl/eqn/etc, macro packages, etc.

To have groff documentation in info format has a) historical reasons
-- there already was a groff.texinfo file written by Trent Fisher
which I gradually extended -- and b) it is the standard document
format of GNU.  I always try to keep the various groff man pages in
sync with groff.texinfo; this means that complete (yet short)
documentation is already available in troff format.

Anyway, your offer is great, and my favourite choice is to revise Unix
Text Processing Book so that it is up to date.  Perhaps it makes sense
to remove all sections not related to groff and call the new book
`UTPG': Unix Text Processing with Groff.

Larry K., have you found a new CVS host for the UTP meanwhile?  Have
you finally announced the UTP on the various lists?  Maybe we can find
volunteers more easily if more people know of its existence...

    Werner