[Groff] Debian Planning to Drop vgrind.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: [Groff] Debian Planning to Drop vgrind.
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:14:39 +0100

Hi,

This week's _Debian Weekly News_ is reporting that vgrind has been
orphaned and may be dropped from Debian as the current maintainer is
short of time.  (I'm sure we all know how that feels!)

    http://www.nl.debian.org/News/weekly/2005/32/

For those that don't know, vgrind is a donkey's years old program that
takes source code in various languages and adds troff formatting
commands, e.g. comments are put in italics.

    $ echo 'int foo() /* Comment. */' | vgrind -f | g foo
    \*(+Kint\*(-K foo() \fI\h'\w' 'u-\w'/'u'/\fP\fI*\fP\c\c
    $

I don't use it, and I'd forgotton about it and so it isn't mentioned on
troff.org, but perhaps there's a Debian developer on the list who'd be
interested in expanding the packages they maintain.

Anyway, thought the list may like to know.

Cheers,

Ralph.