Re: [Groff] Hey, our headman is in the news!

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Hey, our headman is in the news!
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:00:20 -0400

On Tue, May 09, 2006, Michail Vidiassov wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> as Subj. says:
> http://tug.org/interviews/interview-files/werner-lemberg.html

Fantastic interview.  Methinks we're even luckier than we already
know we are to have Werner as "head man".  I particularly like the
bits about Lilypond, which I use extensively myself.  In fact, the
back cover of my novel _The Schumann Proof_ shows a page of music
(from a fictional song cycle by R. Schumann) that was engraved with
Lilypond.

Werner mentions something I've been meaning to ask for a while:
will groff *ever* incorporate shrinkable vertical, and, much more
important, horizontal space?  All other concerns aside, the only
quibble I've ever had with groff as a typesetting engine is that,
as Werner reminds us, groff's paragraph formatting algorithm isn't
all that sophisticated.

--
Peter Schaffter