Re: [Groff] Treatment of annotation paragraphs in refer

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: [Groff] Treatment of annotation paragraphs in refer
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:04:09 +1000

On 2006.06.20 06:55 Bill Ward wrote:
I'm using refer to print out an annotated bibliography, and
would like for the annotation paragraph to contain troff
commands for paragraph breaks, and maybe even pic
diagrams or code fragments.  However, refer turns the
annotation text into one long string defined using the .ds
command and all troff commands are lost;
<snip>
I'm at the point where I need to do more elaborate things
that require the text itself to be displayed "as-is", and also
use other troff commands and macros that have variable
numbers of arguments.  Scripting around this problem is
proving difficult and esthetically displeasing.

G'day Bill,

Is the ".nf" (no fill) primitive what you are looking for?

Robert Thorsby