[Groff] koi8-r hyphenation revisited

From: George Katsitadze
Subject: [Groff] koi8-r hyphenation revisited
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:17:15 +0300

Hi Werner,
Hi list,

I'm struggling with hyphenation here. I have read and reread
the list archive at nabble.com but still can't figure out
how to set it up.

I want groff to be able to hyphenate documents written in
koi8-r (in Russian, actually :)). I only aim for Postscript
output. I use ruhyphal.tex as hyphenation patterns
(.hpfa ruhyphal.tex).

What else do I need to do to get hyphenation working?  Any
.hpfcode's? What about .hcode's? Input encoding conversion
with trin's?  Do I need to generate the grops font (with
afmtodit) using customized map_file and enc_file?

Can you give an example of all the configuring needed to be
done for, say, Yu_(Cyrillic) (koi8-r 0xC0, Adobe afii10096)?

Here is what I have done so far (which allowed me to typeset
Russian text in koi8-r, but no hyphenation):

enc_file:
afii10096 192

map_file:
afii10096 \[char192]

afmtodit -e enc_file sform10.afm map_file SFOR

(I use sform10.pfa--Computer Modern Concrete Roman Cyrillic,
not that it matters :)).

George