Re: [Groff] Debugging environments

From: Nick Stoughton
Subject: Re: [Groff] Debugging environments
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:53:03 -0700

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 14:54 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > .pev prints the current environment state, followed by the state of
> > all the environments in the environment dictionary (if the current
> > environment is one of these, it is simply flagged as "CURRENT
> > ENVIRONMENT", and not reprinted).
>
> Nick, can you provide a ChangeLog entry, together with updates to the
> various documentation files?  Look into the ChangeLog for the
> implementation of, say, `.fzoom', to see which files are affected.
>

>     Werner

Here you are (in doing this, I noticed I had failed to update
man/groff.man ... additional patch attached for that):

2006-09-01      Nick Stoughton  <address@hidden>
        Add a request, '.pev' to print environment information
        (similar to .pnr and .ptr to print number registers and traps).

        * src/roff/troff/env.h: add member function print_env to the
          environment object

        * src/roff/troff/env.cpp: (environment::print_env): New function
          to print a given environment state.
          (print_env) New global function to iterate through the
          environments, printing each one.

        * doc/groff.texinfo (Debugging), man/groff.man: Document .pev request
--
Nick