Re: [Groff] Status of man-page patches

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Status of man-page patches
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:11:04 +0100 (CET)

> I will try to be patient.

After further checking your changes to groff_out.man I've found out
that they completely break -Tps.  Reason: This file uses $...$ inline
equations within macros, and this only works if those macros are
defined within .eo/.ec blocks.

Sigh.

I won't change the file right now.

It seems that we have to do something like this:

  .if n \{\
  .  de foo
  .  ...
  ..
  .\}
  .el \{\
  .  eo
  .  de foo
  ..
  .  ec
  .\}

(Currently, the distinction between nroff and troff is made within the
macros itself.)

Since eqn generally produces bad results with nroff such an approach
might be the right one regardless of `lifting'.

    Werner