Re: [Groff] Re: Groff] Unformatted diversion?

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Groff] Unformatted diversion?
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:09:26 +1100

Denis, the problem is that my PS inserts contain references to number registers that my macro calculates. If I put such PS under a macro, then I find in the final PS program my PS insert with the registers already evaluated, using perhaps some old and inappropriate values.

I've tried

.de mac
ps: exec
postscript code with \n[...] references
postscript code with \n[...] references
..

and

.de mac
\!  postscript code with \n[...] references
\!  postscript code
..

and either I get error messages or wrong results.
My problem (one of them) is that I don't know how to copy some stuff VERBATIM.

Thanks,

Miklos