Re: [Groff] Minor improvement to MM .EOP processing

From: Larry Jones
Subject: Re: [Groff] Minor improvement to MM .EOP processing
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:35:03 -0400

Werner LEMBERG writes:

> >> As I read your description, the current syntax is:
> >>    Define .EOP to change end-of-page processing.
> >>    Undefine .EOP to restore the default end-of-page processing.
> >
> > Good point.
>
> I second this.
>
> > It wouldn't be a big deal to define (and document) another macro for
> > the standard end of page processing, [...]
>
> Perhaps .EOPP (for `end-of-page print') in analogy to .INDP?  We then
> need .TPP too...

Well, the AT&T mm macros define .TP with the standard top-of-page
processing (the mgm macros do not), which is more in keeping with my
original proposal to define .EOP with the standard end-of-page
processing.  Does that change anyone's mind about the correct approach?
It makes sense to me to use the same approach for both.
--
Larry Jones

These pictures will remind us of more than we want to remember.
-- Calvin's Mom