Re: [Groff] How to include a letterhead

From: Chris Velevitch
Subject: Re: [Groff] How to include a letterhead
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:15:35 +1100

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 02:23, Keith Marshall
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I think the following may explain your observed behaviour.
>
> On Sunday 10 October 2010 08:45:35 Chris Velevitch wrote:
>> The %%BoundingBox is the same as the page size i.e. is my case the it
>> is the dimensions of an A4 page as the image is a A4 letterhead
>> scanned and converted to an .eps file.
>
> In that case, would it not need to be placed at the page origin?  (Top
> left of page, (0,0) in absolute gtroff page co-ordinates)? ...

When I put:-

     .PSPIC -I 0 letterhead.eps 21.0c

as the one and only thing in the input file, I get a blank first page,
the letterhead appears on the second page with a blank line on top,
the bottom of the letterhead is cutoff.

In an attempt to understand where the blank page and blank line comes
from, I created my own macro from PSPIC and removed all the lines
containing .br, .sp, .ne. This got rid of the blank first page, but I
still got a blank line before the letterhead. I put \r before the
macro the blank line was eliminated.

I still don't understand where the blank line is coming from.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Adobe Platform Users Group, Sydney

Adobe Platform Users Group, Sydney
October 2010: Flash Builder for SalesForce
Date: 25th October, 6pm for 6:30 start
Details and RSVP coming soon