Re: [Groff] Misplaced glyphs

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [Groff] Misplaced glyphs
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 03:32:05 -0500

>>>>> "AGR" == Ali Gholami Rudi <address@hidden> writes:

When I tried this, using groff-1.21 as packaged by gentoo, I got
reasonable output for -Tps and -Tdvi for most of the text.

Only the lc, lf, rc, rf chunk had bad alignment.

AGR> Bad ... large brackets lc, lf, rc, rf,
AGR> \b'\(lc\(bv\(lf' \b'\(rc\(bv\(rf'

That rendered with the extensions narrower than the upper and lower
bits, essentially matching the rendering in you pdf.

The problem seems to be the use of CURLY BRACKET EXTENSION between
SQUARE BRACKET UPPER CORNER and SQUARE BRACKET LOWER CORNER glyphs.
Ie, \(bv is not the correct extension (empirically) to use between
the \(lc \(lf and \(rc \(rf pairs.

Everything else, though, looked fine.

-JimC
--